Looking for a sweet breakfast recipe? American waffles will delight you – crispy on the outside, fluffy inside with incredible aroma and unique taste.
Do you like waffles? Well, how can you not love them! But if you still belong to the group of “waffle non- lovers”, don’t rush – you simply haven’t found YOUR waffle yet! mankind has invented so many different types of this dessert over time that even the most demanding gourmet will easily find his favorite option.
Even if you and sweets are two opposites, not all is lost! Savory waffles are equally popular. Yes, yes … for example, potato waffles or cheese waffles with herbs (spread them with cream cheese, put a slice of ham and a great snack is ready).
But today I really want something sweet … Can I tell you about various sweet vanilla waffles? Round, rectangular, crispy, soft, fluffy… for every taste.
Looking for some sweet breakfast recipe ideas? I am here for you!
Do you want a crispy yeast waffle with deep “pockets” that are just perfect for chocolate syrup? Belgian waffles (or more precisely, Brussels waffles), like nothing else, will satisfy your sweet desire!
Some quick sweet breakfast recipe? Make sweet ricotta waffles.
Is it possible to make the crust even more crispy? Of course! Liege waffles with pearl sugar were created for this purpose.
No time and desire to wait until the yeast dough rises, and you want waffles immediately? No problem! You will be delighted with American waffles! No yeast, the dessert will rise during baking thanks to the baking powder. And it will be very tasty. This recipe is known to many as Viennese waffles. I won’t describe the whole story, and in order not to offend anyone, introducing doubts about the correct name and origin of this recipe, let’s call it a simple vanilla waffles recipe. Although these vanilla waffles are simple only in preparation, while their taste is really refined.
Ingredients for American waffles:
(this amount of ingredients is enough for 20-22 waffles)
- Flour (plain all-purpose flour is the best option here)
- Sugar (I use granulated white sugar but brown sugar will be good here too)
- Butter (it needs to be melted and cooled a bit)
- Milk (feel free to use any type of dairy milk in this recipe – whole milk, low-fat milk or skim milk)
- Eggs (they should be at room temperature)
- Baking powder
- Pearl sugar (optional – it will add crunchiness to the waffles)
Vanilla waffles recipe
Beat the yolks with the sugar until white
Add butter (melt it and let it cool a little before adding it to the batter)
Add vanilla, flour and baking powder. Stir with a spoon
Add milk and beat with a mixer
Beat the whites with a pinch of salt until they reach stable peaks and gently mix them into the batter. Add pearl sugar too
Grease a waffle maker with a little oil, heat it well and cook the waffles for 4-5 minutes until golden brown (I put 1Tbsp of batter for each waffle)
What to serve American waffles with
In this case, anything related to sweet desserts will do:
- chocolate syrup (vanilla and fruit are great too)
- peanut butter
- caramel sauce
- orange syrup
- whipped cream (this is a classic that everyone loves)
- fresh berries and fruits (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, strawberries, peaches, bananas – everything is fabulously combined in this dessert)
- honey or maple syrup (my great love)
- ice cream
- lemon curd
- powdered sugar (freshly baked hot crispy waffle is already delicious and on its own)
This basic vanilla waffles recipe can be easily adjusted to your preferences
Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa (in this case, reduce the amount of flour in the dough by 2 tablespoons) and you will get delicious chocolate American waffles
Add spices (cinnamon, ginger, cloves, black pepper, nutmeg) and the Christmas waffles are ready
Lemon or orange zest will give interesting notes
Chocolate drops, candied fruits, chopped nuts … the list of ideas has no end!
American waffles (sweet breakfast recipe)
- Waffle maker
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp (180g) flour
- ¼ cup + 3 Tbsp (90g) sugar
- ¼ cup (60g) butter (it needs to be melted and cooled a bit)
- ½ cup + 3 Tbsp (180ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp pearl sugar (optional – it will add crunchiness to the waffles)
- Beat the yolks with the sugar until white
- Add butter (melt it and let it cool a little before adding it to the batter)
- Add vanilla, flour and baking powder. Stir with a spoon
- Add milk and beat with a mixer
- Beat the whites with a pinch of saltuntil they reach stable peaks and gently mix them into the batter. Add pearlsugar too
- Grease a waffle maker with a little oil, heat it well and cook the waffles for 4-5 minutes until golden brown (I put 1 Tbsp of batter for each waffle)