And if you prepare a baked chocolate ricotta cheesecake in a new way – adding carrots to it, for example? You will get a new sweet masterpiece
Some carrot dessert? Help yourself!
If someone tells you that carrots were created exclusively for salty foods (well, except for sweet carrot cake and muffins), don’t believe them! Have you ever tried a lemon-carrot jam? I agree, the combination sounds somewhat strange and not familiar to everyone, but believe me, it’s so delicious! I adore adding it to pies, cakes, or just spread on a slice of bread. And have you ever made a sweet carrot-and-rice-apple casserole? Oooh … it’s one of my childhood “culinary hits”, it still holds a place of honor in my heart … And carrot pancakes, do you know how good they are?
Yes … Carrot is such an interesting and talented “creature” that easily adapts to different situations, adjusts to any – recipe and gives it a new taste and brightness, while remaining almost invisible.
When Italian crostata with ricotta filling met the carrots…
Once upon a time there ”lived” an Italian Chocolate ricotta cheesecake. Things were going quite well for that shortbread tart: people were happy to cook and eat it, and shared the recipe. And then the tart met a carrot, which cardinally changed its sweet “life” – the shortbread tart became sunny – bright, and the taste began to play a new tune. Carrot dessert lovers know that carrots rarely “come” alone; they often take cinnamon and lemon or orange zest with them. Italian chocolate ricotta cheesecake made great friends with them, too, and has become a new gourmet dessert! The chocolate dough adds definition to it, and the ricotta filling with carrots surprises with its tenderness.
If you’re a big fan of baked chocolate ricotta cheesecake, like me, you just have to try this one. It’s sure to capture your heart!
Ingredients for Italian chocolate ricotta cheesecake with carrots:
(chocolate shortbread tart crust):
- butter at room temperature
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
(Carrot and ricotta filling):
- ricotta cheese
- finely grated raw carrots
- egg + yolk
- (level) flour (the filling should come out like thick sour cream)
- vanilla powder
- zest of lemon or orange
Chocolate ricotta cheesecake step – by – step recipe
Prepare the chocolate shortbread tart crust: put together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and butter at room temperature.
Mix everything to form the crumbs
Add the egg and knead the dough, roll it into a ball and refrigerate while you prepare the carrot and ricotta filling
For the filling: finely grate the carrots (use a grated as in the photo below)
Add the rest of the ingredients.
And mix well until homogeneous (you can whip it with a blender)
Roll out 2/3 of the dough and put it in a tart pan
Put the filling on top of the dough
Grate the dough that is left on top of the tart (use a coarse grater)
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and bake the shortbread tart for 50-60 minutes
Let it cool completely and enjoy this flavorful carrot dessert – chocolate ricotta cheesecake – Italian crostata – all – in – one yum.
Baked chocolate ricotta cheesecake
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar
- ¼ cup + 3 Tbsp (100 g) butter at room temperature
- 3 ¾ Tbsp (20 g) cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cup (200 g) flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1cup + 2Tbsp (250 g) ricotta cheese
- 1 ⅓ cup (150 g) finely grated raw carrots
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 5-6 tbsp (level) flour (the filling should come out like thick sour cream)
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- vanilla powder
- zest of 1 lemon or orange
- Prepare the dough: put together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and butter at room temperature.
- Mix everything to form the crumbs
- Add the egg and knead the dough, roll it into a ball and refrigerate while you prepare the filling
- For the filling: finely grate the carrots (use a grated as in the photo below)
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- And mix well until homogeneous (you can whip it with a blender)
- Roll out 2/3 of the dough and put it in a tart pan
- Put the filling on top of the dough
- Grate the dough that is left on top of the tart (use a coarse grater)
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F) and bake the cake for 50-60 minutes
- Let it cool completely and enjoy