The recipe for a good mood is simple – soft homemade burger buns, juicy meat, a slice of cheese, lettuce leaves, tomatoes, and good company
These homemade burger buns are the best I’ve ever baked or tasted. They’re delicious… or rather, they’re fantastic! You will want to eat these sesame seed buns for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Just spread a layer of butter or cream cheese on them and a delicious sandwich is ready.
The taste and structure of the dough resemble brioche, so you can eat them even with jam or Nutella.
Do you like homemade fast food? To be honest, who doesn’t like it…LOL… And if by some miracle, such a person is found, it’s only because he or she has never tasted real homemade burger buns!
The recipe for happiness is very simple:
- take some lettuce leaves and tomato slices… they will create a cushion for juicy, full-flavored meat patties
- add your favorite sauce and thin slices of cheese, which after a few seconds in the oven begin to melt so seductively
- and finally, frame all this beauty in soft sesame seed buns
Homemade burger buns are extremely important
Someone will confidently assert that the main role in the burger is played by the meat patties. I don’t deny that it’s very important in this dish, but even if you use excellent juicy minced meat, season the patties in moderation (so as not to cover the taste of meat), grill them, and then… place them on sticky, uninteresting, rubber, store-bought burger buns without taste and character – the whole work of art will be spoiled… and even the most delicious meat patty cannot save such a burger…
The combination of “tasty hamburger patties and tasteless store-bought sesame seed buns” is like:
- an amazingly beautiful picture in an ugly primitive frame
- a lovely woman dressed in ugly clothes …
- a prince who came on a brown pony instead of a white horse (LOL)
There are many comparisons, but the bottom line is that good soft homemade burger buns are just as important as burger patties.
The most delicious sesame seed buns
Well, the question of burger patties and store-bought sesame seed buns is sorted out. But not everything is so simple, because homemade burger buns can be very different as well – some are too sweet, tasteless, others have an extremely hard-baked crust, or they may have such a dense consistency that they can easily stand in a row with store-bought buns.
But there are also perfect homemade burgers buns – you’ll want to eat them all at once, without even waiting for them to cool down.
Take a piece of paper, a pen and write down the best homemade burger buns recipe
I haven’t tasted more delicious homemade burger buns yet. They are fabulous not only with meat patties, but also with butter, cheese, a slice of ham or salami, pate, hummus. Moreover, I will tell you my secret… I often spread them with a generous layer of guacamole and it tastes like heaven!
Everything is wonderful in this recipe:
- Consistency. It’s like biting into a delicate cloud. These sesame seed buns are amazingly soft, but they aren’t sticky, like store-bought hamburger buns.
- Taste. It is perfectly balanced, the dough is neither too salty nor too sweet.
- Aroma. It’s difficult to describe in words, this miracle must certainly be breathed in deeply… enjoy it like morning freshness!
- Crust. It’s very important when it comes to baked goods such as homemade burger buns. But in no case should it be hard or crispy. Not in this case. Here we need a soft crust – this is exactly what these buns have.
Sprinkle these soft hamburger buns with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or simply brush them with milk and egg for the most delicious baked goods in the world.
If you are a happy digital kitchen scale owner, I highly recommend using it instead of cups and spoons. Especially when it comes to baking recipes. A scale gives you far more accurate results than volume measurements (everyone scoops ingredients differently). Trust me, using a kitchen scale to measure ingredients will take your baking to a new level.
- 3cups + 2Tbsp (500g) flour. All-purpose flour is perfect for this recipe.
- ¾ cup + 2Tbsp (220g) milk. It should be warm, but not hot.
- 2tsp (6g) dry yeast
- 1Tbsp + 1tsp (20g) sugar. It’s very important not only in sweet recipes. Sugar activates yeast and balances the taste.
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup + 2Tbsp (85g) butter. It has to be soft, so leave it for some hours at room temperature.
For the egg wash:
- 1 egg
- 2Tbsp milk
Soft homemade burger buns recipe
Stir warm milk, yeast, and sugar
Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes at room temperature
Beat the eggs with a whisk
Add them to the milk, yeast and sugar mixture
Add flour, salt and butter
Knead the dough (it will be sticky
enough, but don’t add more flour)
Leave it to rise in a warm place (it should double in volume)
Transfer the dough to a table sprinkled with flour and knead it lightly. Because the dough is quite sticky, it will be easier to work with if you sprinkle your hands with flour from time to time.
Divide the dough into 10 identical parts. Form them into round buns, place them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper, and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes
For the egg wash: beat the egg with milk
Brush the top of the buns with this egg wash. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds or poppy seeds
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180° C (360F) (they should be slightly browned on top, but remain soft). Bon Enjoy these homemade burger buns and let the whole world wait!
Yes. These homemade hamburger buns freeze beautifully. Bake them and let them cool completely. Then wrap each bun in cling film and freeze it. When necessary, remove them from the freezer, leave them to thaw in the fridge overnight, warm them in the oven and they will be as freshly baked.
I usually knead this yeast dough in a planetary mixer. It’s quite moist and sticky, so the mixer will cope with this faster. But you can easily knead the dough by hand as well. The main rule is not to add more flour than what is indicated in the recipe.
Yes. Add 1oz (25g) of the fresh yeast instead of 2tsp (6g) of dry yeast.
Bake these homemade burger buns, stuff them with juicy burgers and enjoy your life!
Homemade burger buns recipe
For 10 bunsFor 10 buns
- 3 cups + 2 Tbsp (500g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp (220g) milk
- 2 tsp (6g) dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp (20g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp (85g) butter (at room temperature)
For egg wash:
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Stir warm milk, yeast and sugar
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes at room temperature
- Beat the eggs with a whisk
- Add them to the milk, yeast and sugar mixture
- Add flour, salt and butter
- Knead the dough (it will be sticky enough, but don’t add more flour)
- Leave it to rise in a warm place (it should double in volume)
- Transfer the dough to a table sprinkled with flour and knead it lightly. Because the dough is quite sticky, it will be easier to work with if you sprinkle your hands with flour from time to time.
- Divide the dough into 10 identical parts. Form round buns from them, place them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- For the egg wash: beat the egg with milk
- Brush the top of the buns with this egg wash. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds or poppy seeds
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180° C (360F) (they should be slightly browned on top, but remain soft).