Homemade garlic butter is a delicious garlic butter spread, a marvelous thing to add to mashed potatoes and a divine sauce for meat and fish
Did you know that your sense of taste should be constantly trained?
Yes… I’m not kidding. It’s like with memory and attention. For the latter, it is very useful to solve crosswords and a variety of logical puzzles. But with taste training, the story is a little different. If you eat monotonous food for a long time without changing the usual menu, your taste sensations risk weakening due to such a demoralized state. And this is so annoying, because the gastronomic world is very rich and denying yourself the pleasure of eating is a sin. No, there is no need to resort to gastronomic debauchery and eat everything that your eyes see. The taste should be trained “with taste”!
And do you know what is best in this workout? It’s not necessary to look for some exotic products at all. It is enough to combine the usual ingredients interestingly. Oh, and it is also very important to make food aromatic – no matter how strange it may sound, but 75% of what we consider to be the taste of food is actually its smell. Try to fully enjoy your favorite dish when you have a stuffy nose and you have lost your sense of smell …
The most delicious homemade garlic butter
I suggest starting your taste training with a very simple and much-loved dish – bread and butter. Many people like this combination, but there is no expressive taste palette in it, so gourmets often complement the picture with a slice of cheese, ham or salami.
And if you move away from the classics and turn the usual butter into something amazing… with an incredibly rich taste and unsurpassed aroma? Look for fresh parsley in the fridge; do you have two or three cloves of garlic? Wonderful! We will need to add salt and paprika too (you can do without paprika, but then you will lose a significant part of the pleasure). Combine all these ingredients and you will get the most appetizing, the most fragrant, the most original homemade garlic butter in the world. It’s not only the most delicious garlic butter spread … it’s an explosion of taste, a lot of gastronomic pleasure and benefits for your body.
After all, butter (in the right amount) is:
- A, B, C, D, E… do you think I want to tell the English alphabet now? No! ha-ha… These are vitamins that butter is rich in – real butter, of course (not some incomprehensible spreads and margarine). And it is these vitamins that are very important for the health and beauty of our hair and skin. So, dear ladies, take into account: butter is a great opportunity not only to eat delicious food, but also to save on expensive shampoos and creams. Just don’t eat a whole package of butter at once, succumbing to happy euphoria and the desire to get rid of all wrinkles on your face in a day. Eat butter in moderation and you will be happy, healthy and beautiful.
- Healthy vessels. The correct amount of consumed butter will help maintain the blood vessels tone and elasticity. In this case, it is very important to maintain the correct cholesterol in the norm. And butter increases the level of “good” cholesterol.
- Additional heat and energy. That’s right – eat a piece of butter on a cold day and it will keep you warm. Everything is logical here: butter is a high-calorie product; calories are extra energy and warmth. I will keep silent about the threat of a “wasp waist” from such warming… in cold weather, you should think about how to keep warm, not about losing weight… haha… After all, you’re not going to eat a kilogram of butter at a time.
- Good mood! Butter is rich in the amino acid tryptophan, which is responsible for the release of the “hormone of happiness”. And who doesn’t want to feel happy? Looking for a good mood? Make yourself a sandwich with butter!
- Increased efficiency. Butter is milk fat that helps our brain cells recover, improves thought processes and increases attention. I think attention, great memory and concentration will not hurt anyone, right? Therefore, do not forget to eat 20-30 g of butter a day, otherwise it may turn out like in a joke where one man worked all day on a computer, downloading different programs, he got tired and his thoughts lost clarity. So, he decided to eat something, he cut himself a slice of bread and took a packet of butter out from the fridge, and the package said “Butter, 82%” … “Oh, five more minutes and it will be fully loaded,” the man thought, he put the butter back in the fridge and went to wait five minutes… haha… you know, it was his body that suggested that he needed milk fats.
Add parsley and garlic to all this, you will get not just a healthy dish, but real superfood!
You’ll want to eat this homemade garlic butter all at once…
… with a bun, baguette or crackers. But do not forget, butter should be consumed in moderation. Although, this rule applies to any type of food. If you eat a lot of apples or oranges, believe me, you won’t be in top form either.
Do you ask yourself: What can I do with garlic butter?
Well, this homemade garlic butter is not only a garlic butter spread, store it in the fridge (up to 3 days) or freeze it in ice cube trays, then take it out of the freezer at any time and add it (without defrosting) to:
- mashed potatoes (in this case you can add fresh or frozen homemade garlic butter – these will be the most delicious mashed potatoes that you have ever cooked)
- meat steaks (just take the garlic butter out of the freezer and put it on a hot freshly cooked steak – the butter will melt and turn into an incredible sauce)
- baked fish (repeat the same steps as with meat steak)
- baked potatoes and any roasted vegetables (add homemade garlic butter to hot potatoes or roasted vegetables and stir – be careful, the incredible aroma can make you dizzy)
Butter (at room temperature)
Salt and dry ground paprika (smoked or regular)
How to make garlic butter
Place butter at room temperature in a small saucepan or blender bowl. Add chopped parsley and garlic (minced) to it
Grind everything until smooth (here everything is to your taste – if you want the garlic butter spread to be uniform, then you need to grind it longer; if you like homemade garlic butter with pieces of parsley, then grind it for a few seconds)
Add salt and paprika to taste, spread on a slice of bread or baguette and enjoy!
Homemade garlic butter recipe
- A blender
- ¾ cup (200g) butter
- 4-5 large cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp (10g) chopped fresh parsley
- salt, dry ground paprika (smoked or regular)
- Place butter at room temperature in a small saucepan or blender bowl. Add chopped parsley and garlic (minced) to it
- Grind everything until smooth (here everything is to your taste – if you want the garlic butter spread to be uniform, then you need to grind it longer; if you like homemade garlic butter with pieces of parsley, then grind it for a few seconds)
- Add salt and paprika to taste, spread on a slice of bread or baguette and enjoy!