No pectin peach jam (Cinnamon peach jam) is not only a peach jam in a jar, it’s warm summer sun, pleasant memories and good mood preserved for winter!
Make this no pectin peach jam and you will be happy
You know, I am terribly in love with everything sweet. Because desserts are not just food, they are a whole kaleidoscope of impressions! It’s enough to eat a sweet bun with whipped cream and your mood immediately becomes joyful (after a sandwich with ham it’s is not sad either, but sweet dishes cause the hormone of happiness faster)… Well, isn’t it?
In our times, sweet tooths are very lucky – the choice of cakes, pies, sweets, cookies is so large (huge!) that their head is spinning. But to be honest, among all the sweet variety in the first place I always have it – JAM … all its types (thick rich jam, tender jam, confiture with pieces of fruit, spicy jam).
I have had such love since childhood. For me, homemade jam = grandmother’s kitchen, a huge saucepan on the stove in which fruit or berry jam is cooked, a long wooden spoon to stir this sweet fruit and berry “jacuzzi” from time to time, perfectly clean glass jars laid out in an even row on the table in anticipation of being filled with sweet yummy, and an incredible aroma that spreads throughout the apartment and slowly flies through the open window like an invisible cloud to the neighboring yard…
These jars contain not only delicious homemade jam, but they also contain mom’s and grandma’s love, warm summer sun and an armful of pleasant memories.
Peach jam is never tasteless. There are only unsuccessful recipes. But this is a completely different story…
Today I will tell you about the most delicious no pectin peach jam with cinnamon
Its preparation is incredibly simple. And this recipe gives all the freedom to your imagination:
- want to make this no pectin peach jam with a uniform consistency? Easily! Just grind everything with a blender before cooking
- do you like thick peach jam with pieces of fruit? Not a problem either – cut the peaches into small pieces and follow this step-by-step recipe.
- not sure which to choose from the previous two options? This recipe also adapts to this situation – grind only half of the peaches indicated in the recipe, and leave the rest cut into small pieces. You will have a thick peach jam with fruit pieces.
What is the best cinnamon substitute for this recipe?
Cinnamon and lemon zest turn this peach jam without pectin into a miracle.
But if you want a pure peach flavor, you can add nothing but sugar. It will also turn out fragrant and not less tasty.
Add vanillin and the peach jam will turn out very tender
Do you like risky and intriguing taste combinations? Add a small sprig of fresh rosemary to the jam for the luxurious and completely new taste
Ginger will add some piquancy to the peach jam (add 1/2tsp of dry ground ginger)
Nutmeg, cloves and cardamom will enrich peach jam not only with aroma, but will also give it warmth and family comfort
Ingredients for the cinnamon peach jam:
- ripe peaches or nectarines
- juice and zest of half a lemon
How to make homemade peach jam without pectin
Peel the peaches and cut them into small cubes
Add sugar, cinnamon, zest and lemon juice
Stir and refrigerate for 4 hours
Further on your choice: you can grind everything with a blender, grind only half of the fruit, or leave everything in pieces
Cook over low heat (stirring constantly) until thickened – about 45 minutes. When the jam cools, it will become even thicker.
How long does homemade peach jam without pectin last
This jam can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 weeks, or put in jars, can it and store in a dry, cool and dark place for up to 1 year.
How to can this no pectin peach jam for the winter
Put it still hot in sterilized hot jars and close it with sterilized lids. Turn the jam jars upside down, cover with a coarse towel and leave until completely cooled.
How to sterilize cans
I always sterilize cans in the oven-put the cans (without lids) on the middle shelf of the oven so that they do not touch each other. Turn on the oven and select the temperature of 120°C (250°F). Leave it like this for 25 minutes. Then turn off the oven and leave the jars to cool in it. To sterilize the lids, boil them for 5 minutes.
No pectin peach jam (Cinnamon peach jam)
- 2 pounds (1 kg) ripe peaches or nectarines
- 2 ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp (500g) sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- Peel the peaches and cut them into small cubes
- Add sugar, cinnamon, zest and lemon juice
- Stir and refrigerate for 4 hours
- Further on your choice: you can grind everything with a blender, grind only half of the fruit, or leave everything in pieces
- Cook over low heat (stirring constantly) until thickened – about 45 minutes. When the jam cools, it will become even thicker.